Monday 20 August 2007

New favourite dinner = minted peas

I recently discovered that, after edamame, minted peas are the most delicious side dish in existence. So simple to make too! Simply pour as many peas as you want in your steamer and sprinkle liberally with dried mint (I guess fresh would work too). In 2 or 3 minutes they'll be ready. I ate mine with some steamed broccoli.

My third favourite side dish is also really simple: sliced fresh organic tomatoes sprinkled with crushed sea salt & lots of pepper, fresh basil leaves and extra virgin olive oil.

1 comment:

Robin said...

I used to think I hated peas because my mom only served the canned stuff (yuck!). Fresh peas, however, are a whole different story. I wouldn't have thought of adding mint to them - I'll give it a try the next time I make them. Thanks for the idea!
R